U12 Division Planning
Greater Sudbury Ringette Association - 2023-2024 U12 Division Planning
Ringette Ontario has put forward some recommended guidelines for the U12 division for the 2023-2024 season. The reason for these changes is to best align with the long-term athlete and long-term participant development programs and to ensure development levels within the U12 age division. The association has had several discussions and is collaborating and meeting with representatives from the other Northeast Region Ringette teams in order to determine how best to implement these recommendations within our association and within our region. We want to ensure this makes sense for our players and for teams within our region.
As such the following plan outlines what is proposed for the 2023-2024 season for the U12 division within the Greater Sudbury Ringette Association.
- There will be evaluation ice in September during which all U12 aged players will be asked to attend;
- Based on evaluations in September and the end of 2022-23 season coach evaluations/assessments, we anticipate creating one A level team and 3 balanced B level teams (this could change based on registrations)
- The A team would play in the U14 Houseleague loop, play exhibition games against other A level teams in the region, such as Walden, Timmins, West Ferris and Sault Ste Marie
- The balanced B teams would play within a U12 Houseleague loop and could also play exhibition games against other B level teams in the region such as Walden, Timmins, West Ferris and Sault Ste Marie
- All U12 teams will be given equal opportunity for ice times, tournaments and games, and potential off ice training (i.e. dryland). This will be determined by each individual team- you do not have to do these things but the option will be there for the development of all players.
- All teams will be given an opportunity to attend the same number of tournaments but is not mandatory and will be based on the team’s desire to attend out of town tournaments for example there will be a set minimum and maximum for teams to attend.
- Teams will compete in a minimum of 3 and a maximum of 5 tournaments (this includes the Sudbury Tournament)
U12 teams will have their own end of season Provincials. A teams will play against other A calibre teams B vs other B teams etc..
- We want to ensure that it is very clear that Greater Sudbury will be providing both recreational and competitive opportunities for U12 athletes in order to foster their development and their motivation moving forward as they look ahead to the U14 levels.
You can read more about the U12 Team Formation guidelines and a U12 Program FAQ on the Ringette Ontario website. We hope that if you have any questions about the U12 program, that you will not hesitate to ask by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.